Organic polymer commonly used in drilling gravels, sands, and silts that may or may not be plastic. The use of mud formulated with polymers guarantees a higher performance of the drilling equipment.
- Facilitate drilling of granular levels due to its “lubricant” effect.
- Support and give more stability to the borehole walls.
- Avoid siphoning when drilling confined low-pressure groundwater tables.
- Facilitate the extraction of detritus from inside the borehole.
- Facilitate the cooling of the bit or drill bit.